If you want to get the most out of your morning, it’s best to start the day by creating a few healthy coffee rituals specifically designed to increase energy levels, boost concentration, and burn fat faster. Here are five simple coffee rituals you can implement into your daily routine in order to transform your mornings and promote good health throughout the day.
1) Wake Up with A Cup of Coffee
Wake up with a cup of coffee! Science has proven that starting your day off with a good cup of joe can make you happier, more alert, and more productive. Here’s how:
- Caffeine gives your brain a wake-up call.
- It helps improve cognitive function, including focus and memory.
- It supports mood through effects like improved happiness levels and decreased anxiety.
- It reduces the risk of diabetes and Parkinson’s disease.
- It reduces the risk of depression.
- Caffeine is calorie-free, so there’s no need to worry about weight gain from adding it to your morning routine! You might even lose a few pounds by drinking an extra cup or two each day because it increases metabolism slightly.
Studies have also shown that caffeine may even help us eat less at night. That means we’ll burn fat all day long!
Now for some other ways to boost your energy:
- Drink green tea in the mornings – It contains antioxidants that fight inflammation and cancer.
- Get outside first thing in the morning for some sunlight – Vitamin D exposure is key for regulating our circadian rhythms, which will help us sleep better at night
- Sit upright while drinking your coffee, so you don’t disrupt digestion
- Practice mindfulness while drinking your coffee. You can write in a journal 3 things you are grateful for, how you can improve your life or impact the life of others each day.
Now go out there and start your own caffeine rituals!
2) Drink Black – No Cream, Sugar, or Milk
Coffee is one of the best-known energizers in the world, especially when it comes to morning habits. However, studies have shown that black coffee provides a jolt for your body as good or better than other types of coffee. The trick is not adding any extras – no cream, sugar, or milk. Studies show that such additions mess with blood glucose levels and can increase your risk for type 2 diabetes. This is because cream, sugar, and milk all contain carbohydrates that raise insulin levels.
Black coffee may even be more beneficial since it keeps you from crashing later. Avoid Caffeine Too Late at Night: Though caffeine boosts energy levels and concentration during the day, experts recommend avoiding caffeine too late at night because it disrupts sleep patterns. Consume Complex Carbs: Not only does consuming complex carbs help provide energy throughout the day but they are also linked to improved mental health through lower anxiety and higher mood.
3) Use Filtered Water
While it’s nearly impossible for anyone but you to tell if the tap water in your home is safe, studies show that about 10 percent of all bottled water contains some level of microbial contamination. That means each bottle of water may have over 1000 bacteria or other organisms like parasites.
If you’re looking for a more natural way to give your day that kick-start, try brewing your morning cup o’ joe with filtered water instead. Just because you drink filtered or bottled water doesn’t mean they’re safer, but they are less likely. It also means not drinking from plastic bottles which can contain cancer-causing chemicals.
If there’s one habit we hope you adopt into your daily routine, it should be opting for filtered water at home and while out on the go.
4) Get the Most Out of Every Cup
- Put in soy or rice milk instead of cow’s milk or cream in your coffee. Some people prefer cow’s milk because it’s easier to digest. Still, the truth is that dairy products can actually cause more harm than good in your body–especially if you have any lactose intolerances or sensitivities.
- Make iced coffee. Iced coffee, cold-brewed iced coffee is made by brewing ground beans overnight for a couple of hours. This process extracts the flavor oils from the beans that are often lost in traditional hot brewing methods. Plus, it has a lower acidity level, which means it won’t burn your mouth or upset your stomach like some caffeinated drinks. It also doesn’t contain the same amount of caffeine as other methods because it takes longer to extract than traditional brewing. To make this deliciously refreshing drink, brew your favorite coffee as normal and then add cold water. Iced coffee has the same benefits as regular coffee but with a caffeine boost that will keep you going all day long!
- Add healthy ingredients like honey, cinnamon, or nutmeg. You don’t need to feel guilty about adding ingredients like honey or cinnamon (or even nutmeg!) since they’re both natural sweeteners with additional health benefits!
- Drink black for breakfast. Try starting off your day by drinking black coffee without anything added to it for maximum health benefits! In addition to promoting weight loss, black coffee boosts concentration levels and helps control appetite.
The buzz from drinking a cup before noon can also help you stay alert during afternoon meetings. So, go ahead: sip away on some Pure Joy Coffee!
5) Try Lighter Roast Coffees
If you’re craving a warm cup but want less caffeine, try switching to a lighter roast that isn’t as dark, roasted so long it has little caffeine left over—it will still have all those other goodies! You’ll save money, too, since these coffees are cheaper than their stronger counterparts.
The coffee rituals in this article can really improve your morning routine. Enjoy quality time with yourself by getting up early, trying something new, or enjoying a healthy beverage.