Pressurized water is pushed through a chamber/puck of finely ground coffee beans, through a filter, resulting in what we call a shot of espresso.
You will need
How to make Espresso with an Espresso machine
- Measure and grind your beans.
Single shot = 6 to 8 g of coffee. Double shot = 15 g of coffee. Coffee-to-water ratio = 1:2.
- Place coffee grounds in your portafilter and distribute evenly. Tamp down the grounds.
- Before you start, run the machine briefly without a portafilter in place to clear the ground head.
- Next, lock the portafilter into the machine, position your demitasse glass or other vessel underneath, and start your shot.
- The espresso should be ready after 25 to 30 seconds.
- Prepare milk if using.
- Serve & enjoy!